Our Machine Learning team is seeking a Project Manager to lead our team operations and support our fast-paced, cutting-edge ML development in building voice analysis technologies. As the ML Project Manager, you will work closely with the ML Engineers to guide end-to-end model development, while identifying blockers and bottlenecks. You will also collaborate cross-functionally with the Software Engineering and Product teams to plan and prioritize strategic initiatives. We are looking for someone who shares our passion for ethical applications of AI and is eager to channel that enthusiasm into advancing the capabilities of our ML technologies, which will ultimately significantly impact accessibility to mental health care.
Kintsugi offers a holistic total rewards package designed to support our employees in all aspects of their life inside and outside of work. The expected base salary for this position will range from $88,000 - $120,000 + Equity. Actual compensation may vary from posted base salary depending on your confirmed job-related skills and experience.
- Competitive Salary
- 100% Remote Work (with Optional Onsite In Berkeley, CA)
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive Health Benefits (80% coverage of Medical, Dental & Vision)
- 12 months of company-paid therapy via Talkspace
- Monthly Wellness Stipend
- Education Stipend
- Office Setup Stipend
- Annual Off-sites
- 16 Paid Holidays
- Summer Fridays (Friday Afternoons Off)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Develop, maintain, and enforce ML staff onboarding documentation and processes
- Support ML staff in establishing standard procedures for model development, data management, and deployment with the software engineering team
- Manage the ML task workspace (ClickUp), managing critical dependencies, and backlog
- Set up and monitor dashboards to track operational metrics and identify bottlenecks throughout the entire model development process
- Manage organization and documentation of our ML experiments, tracking, and model registry
- Facilitate all ML meetings, build agendas, take notes, and capture key action items
- Oversee biweekly retrospectives with the team and collaborate with the Engineering Manager to enchance operational efficiency
- Assemble monthly reports highlighting key achievements, current model performance, and operational challenges faced by the team
- Occasionally attend meetings and respond to communications outside of typical working hours
- At least 3 years of experience managing commercial research and development project(s) with a focus on deep-learning in a fast paced environment with evolving and sometimes ambitious requirements (start-up experience is a bonus)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing projects within Jira, ClickUp, or similar software
- High level understanding of deep learning techniques, frameworks, and common challenges
- Experience with cloud (GCP, AWS, or similar) technologies,
- Experience with end-to-end ML Operations from business requirements to robust models in production
- Extensive experience with Kanban and Agile development methodologies
- Experience with ML experiment tracking software (Weights & Biases, MLFlow, or similar) is a bonus
At Kintsugi, we believe that mental health is just as important as physical health. We exist to ensure that everyone who needs mental healthcare has access to the right care at the right time.
About The Team
*Kintsugi proudly celebrates diversity and inclusion.**Please note: Kintsugi does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for permanent placements. Any resume or other candidate information submitted outside of established candidate submission guidelines (including through our website or via email to any Kintsugi employee) and without a written agreement otherwise will be deemed to be our sole property, and no fee will be paid should we hire the candidate.